This's a slash/het/femslash mafia roleplaying site. Its for OCs (mostly with wrestlers as faces, plus canon names are allowed) whether they have an occupation in the mafia or not, such as prostitution, drugs, money, or anything else in the mafia business.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

All Or Nothing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lana Lang

PostSubject: All Or Nothing   Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:03 pm

(For Neffinator)

Lana Lang had been friends with Shawn Michaels for many years, but unfortunately, they had lost contact around the time that Shawn was recruited for Nicki's mob. It had been a sad day for Lana, seeing as they were supposed to hang out that night, watching movies and doing some gossiping. But she knew how Nicki worked, and she knew that Shawn hadn't really had much of a choice in the matter.

Still, though, some days Lana missed Shawn's companionship. They used to do everything together. Shopping, bar hopping, clubbing. Everything. Shawn was like the best friend she never had in high school. But now, she never saw him. She never had the one person that she could talk to. And sometimes, she just needed to vent.

It wasn't like Lana was lonely. She had tons of people that surrounded her, being the leader of a gang. But it wasn't the same. She wasn't lonely physically, but emotionally, she was. She didn't have a best friend or even a significant other to comfort her when she was down. It sucked. Lately, she feared she was getting depressed.

Currently, Lana was at her house, relaxing on her bed, letting the music that was playing flow through her body and relax her, a ritual she had begun doing daily. She was about halfway through the ritual when her phone rang. She groaned, seeing that it was her personal phone. She sighed and picked up the phone. "Lana Lang," she answered, not expecting it to be Shawn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:58 pm

"Hey Lana? It's me Shawn."

Shawn wasn't even sure if Lana would want to help him, but he had no one else he could turn to. Before he got pulled into the mob-life or death situation-he was really good friends with a woman he met after his parent's death. Her name was Lana and she had a history of street work. Shawn never asked her about it much because they were both really young so what did they care? Life was good with just the two of them and he remembered harboring a crush on her at one point considering their friendship often crossed tiny lines. Kisses here and there or how Lana was always comfortable enough with her body to go skinny dipping often dragging him along as well. Those were good times, but like all good things, they often came to an end.

Shawn was working late one night at the bar. After his parents died he managed to get a job as a bar tender. He would leave work late most nights and stay with Lana, that is until Nicki Minaj and Santana Lopez graced their bar one night. His co-worker was shot and then an ultimatum was given, He didn't even get to really explain much to Lana, but she was smart. She was the smartest person he knew aside from Chris so he hoped to God she would understand.

Shawn's eyes lingered on the threatening post card. It simply read, "How's Carter?" Someone else knew his secret; a secret he's been trying to keep for almost two years now. He sighed. If Lana couldn't help then Chris was on his own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Lana was shocked when she heard Shawn's voice coming through the phone. She could tell it was him the moment he started speaking, even after all this time. She teared up a bit but quickly wiped them away, composing herself. A lot had changed since she had last seen Shawn. Like the fact that she had taken over her father's spot as the leader of The Angels of Death.

She sat there, speechless. This was the last thing that she expected to happen to her on a Tuesday. She opened her mouth to say something, but every time, nothing came out. It was like she forgot how to form words. She sat there for a minute or so before she was able to speak.

"Shawn," she breathed, unable to form any other words. It was good to hear his voice again. Then she thought about how his voice sounded. "You didn't call just because, did you? There's a reason," she said. "There's something wrong," she stated. That immediately made her panic. What was so horrible that was happening to him that would resort him to call her?/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Shawn was silent for a long time flipping the card over and over wondering if involving Lana was the best idea. He had three "friends": Lana, Chris and Hunter. Chris worked with him and for him so Shawn was pretty sure Chris would never betray him. Besides, Chris spent weeks trying to help him figure out a way to keep his secret so why would he betray him?

Then there was Hunter, the friend everyone needed for certain events but could never actually trust. Hunter would probably save his life if Shawn needed him to, but just to trust his power hungry friend with secrets? No way. Especially since Hunter actually threatened to blackmail him once for money. So that left Lana, the friend he left behind years go for a life of crime. "I can't say much over the phone. It's best we talk face to face. Can you meet me at this address tomorrow night around 11pm?" He gave her the address and a phone number to reach him in case something happened or she couldn't make it. "I know that's late, but it's safer if we meet after I get off work. I...have a lot to tell you and I could use a friend--a real friend...that is if you don't hate me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Lana was shocked, but glad that Shawn felt that he could still come to her. "Of course," she said and then jotted the address down on a piece of paper on her desk. "I'll be there," she said.

She listened to him talk, frowning. "Shawn, I don't hate you. I could never hate you. It's not your fault, anyway. I know what happened. You'll always be my best friend, no matter what happens. I love you, Shawnie. I always have and I always will. And I have a quite a bit that I could tell you as well," she smiled slightly. She wished that the circumstances weren't so dire because it would be nice to be able to talk to Shawn again. To confide in him. And that made her think of something. Shawn had never called her.

But why hadn't she called him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:25 am

Shawn smiled a little on the other end, grateful to hear her voice and knowing that she still cared for him. She would never know how much she meant to him. She was his first real friend and helped him heal in ways no one else could have, especially after losing his family. "Thanks Lana," he said softly. "I could...apologize all day and it still wouldn't be enough, at least in my opinion. I have an excuse, but it's hardly an excuse. There are things I shouldn't have kept from you, but you must know, I...was trying to protect you. I didn't want you to get so involved with the bad decisions I made but I guess...by my calling you now it's not like I'm doing you any favors."

Shawn toyed with a strand of his hair, eyes rounding on the clock. "Hey listen. I gotta go. I'm running late for work but I'll see you tomorrow night."

He quickly hung up before he was tempted to spill his guts about everything from his one night stand turned pregnancy, to lying to his own boss. It was all too much to carry sometimes and yet he had no choice. He had no one to lean on and lord only knows he leaned on Chris enough; too much which was why he needed some help this time and maybe something more. Shawn knew he would probably never find someone but Chris? Chris deserved something outside of this job and whether Tana liked it or not, he would help Chris find peace once more if it was the last thing he did on this earth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:09 pm

Lana set the phone down and smiled, feeling better than she had in a while. Then again, Shawn had always made her happy. At one point, she had had a crush on him, but she eventually realized that his friendship meant far more to her, even though they had danced that line many times. She always felt comfortable around him, even when she had crushed on him.

She couldn't help but think, what would happen once they met up? Sure, they'd talk. But a lot had changed since they last saw each other. Shawn was a stripper for Nicki and Lana was the head of a very secret gang, one that was important even though no one knew it. They led different lives, in the same lifestyle.

Before she fell asleep, one thing ran through her mind. What was gonna happen tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:51 pm

When Shawn got to work he was feeling considerably better. Lana had agreed to see him which meant there was some hope afterall. He took his time to please every one of his paying VIPs, putting his all into the lap dances and putting on a great show for Santana. When his night finally came to a close, Chris walked him home. Shawn's mood had drastically changed from completely depressed to somewhat jovial which had Chris concerned.

"Shawn, you okay buddy?"

Shawn nodded. "Yeah. I talked to an old friend over the phone today. She's coming over to the apartment tomorrow night."

Chris frowned. "You sure that's a good idea considering everything?"

"Well...that's kind of why I called her."

"Oh...so you don't think I can handle it?" Chris asked, feeling somewhat offended. Since when hasn't he ever pulled through for Shawn? For him to call someone else was a big blow to his pride.

"No, Chris it's nothing like that," he reassured. "I just...I missed her and this whole thing with Carter was an excuse to see her again and reconnect. Besides, you could probably use the extra help considering you overwork yourself."

Chris scowled. "I don't need any help--"

"Yes you do," Shawn frowned. "Stop trying to take on the world Chris. I love you and you're my best friend, but we all need help sometimes. I called her because I can tell you're not sleeping most nights. This is stress on you."

When they got to Shawn's apartment, Shawn gave Chris a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Stop scowling and sulking. If you don't want her help by the time we're all done talking then fine, but I miss her Chris. She's a good girl. Hell you might even like her."

"I doubt that," he grumbled. "We work for women and I'm supposed to like one?"

Shawn laughed. "Goodnight Chris. See you tomorrow night sometime."

"Yeah, yeah," Chris grumbled before walking back towards his own apartment. He had no idea who this friend was but he hoped to God Shawn knew what he was doing. Usually, the more people who knew about a secret, the more likely the secret could get blown. This secret... He'd risked his life several damn times to keep it and he be damned if anyone was going to come in and blow it. He made a promise to himself to make sure this friend of Shawn's was clean before he would even consider working with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Lana woke up the next morning feeling better, actually having slept through the night thanks to her little chat with Shawn.

She got up from the bed and stretched before walking into the bathroom and going pahtty before she stripped down and showered. She washed her hair twice and then conditioned. After that, she poured some soap on the loofah and began to lather her body. She scrubbed away the sweat and dirt before stepping under the spray again, the hot water relaxing her even more, to the point where she thought she might actually pass out. She quickly but thoroughly washed her face before turning off the water and wrapping a towel around herself.

She walked out into her bedroom just in time to hear her phone ring. It wasn't her personal line, though. It was her work phone. She sighed and picked up the phone. "Talk to me," she answered.

"Lana? It's Alec," she heard from the line.

"Yes, Alec. What is it?" she asked.

"It's Mickey," Alec said quietly. Lana's body went rigid. Alec spoke quietly very rarely. That meant it was bad. And Mickey was her best worker. He always put in 110% and in return, he was treated the best and got much respect from her.

"What about him?" she asked, her voice low.

"He was killed, but the Devils of Disaster," Alec said. Lana growled.

"I'll be right there," she replied angrily, snapping the phone shut and throwing it on the bed before getting ready, pulling on a pair of nicely fitted jeans and a form-fitting, sophisticated shirt with black boots and jewelry consisting of a silver ring that read "Love Life on the outside and "Be Brave" on the inside, from her father, a necklace with a diamond "A" pendant, a necklace with a diamond "L" pendant, both from her mother and silver hoops and diamond studs for earrings with a tennis bracelet.

She sighed and applied her make up before grabbing her keys and both phones, throwing them in her purse and driving quickly to the restaurant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Shawn got up early the next morning when he heard Carter cooing in his crib. Shawn rolled over in bed smiling at the toddler. He was starting to pull up now and had done pulled himself to his feet peering at him through the crib.

"Eh oh mama!"

Shawn couldn't help but smile at this. Nothing beat waking up to this every morning and God he would fight to keep it this way too. "Hello baby. You hungry? Or do you need changing?" Shawn made a face which made Carter giggle. He sat up in bed, stretching and yawning before getting Carter out of his crib for a changing and bath.

He spent the rest of the day playing with Carter until the sitter got there. His sitter's name was Natalya. He met her dancing in another club. She was a sweet girl and one who really loved kids. Soon as she got there she grabbed Carter playing with him while Shawn got ready for work.

"So did you call up the broad?" Nattie asked.

"Yeah. I gave her a call and you were right. She didn't hate me," Shawn said as he tied his hair back.

"See. How can anyone hate you? You're such a goofball girly, girl," she teased. "But I do wish you didn't have to do this for a living," she added growing more serious. "You should be here with your boy every night."

"I know," he said, watching them roll a ball in the floor, "but I'm stuck for now and this job allows me to pay you."

Nattie frowned. "I'd do this for free you know," she huffed. "Where the hell else am I gonna go? You and Chris helped me get on my feet. I got a fight in a few weeks and you had better come."

Shawn nodded. Oh he would be there even if he had to skip work. Natalya was not your average female. She could hold her own with her muscular build. Even so she was still gorgeous and had a motherly instinct that was hard to ignore. She was single, much like him, but he felt about Natalya the same way he flt about Lana. He loved those women too much to ruin their lives.

Shawn turned to Nattie with a smile. "How do I look?"

She smirked, studying the man. "Hmm..." She stood with Carter in her arms and walked around Shawn, smacking his ass in those tight leather chaps. "Like a million fucking bucks." She gave him a hug and Carter leaned on his mom's chest.

"Aww...ths is why I hate work," he pouted. "I wanna stay here with you guys."

Nattie shoved him forward. "Go. Now."

"Fine, fine," he said, kissing them both. "Oh before I forget. There's always a possibility that I'm going to be late. It's supposed to be busy tonight so I'm unsure what Tana has planned for me. Lana is supposed to come over around 11. Lana's never late so if the doorbell rings at ten after, don't open it. Call Chris first. Got it?" Nattie nodded. "Alright. See you later," he said, before leaving. He felt nervous, not so much about the night ahead but seeing Lana again after all this time. He just hoped Chris would play nice and not run them off. Chris was highly unappreciated y most of their coworkers but Shawn was only trying to relieve some of his burden. He really hoped both Lana and Chris would understand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:51 pm

The day passed and Lana had dealt with the Devils of Destruction. Well, as much as she could. The rivalry was still strong. Hell, probably stronger than it was, due to Mickey's death, which still pissed her off to an extreme and mad her immensely sad all at the same time.

After she had dealt with the Devils, she went back to the restaurant and worked on some stuff for the restaurant, which was her cover for her actual job. Her father had bought the building and built the restaurant from the ground up, making it the success that it had been and still was today.

It was rounding on time for Lana to get heading to Shawn's so she gathered all the paperwork and began to clean up the desk. She put her important papers into the filing cabinet and locked it.

All of a sudden, there was a loud bang from the front of the restaurant. Her eyes went wide and she grabbed her gun, slipping out of the room and walking quietly to the doorway. She saw a group of men with guns in a circle in the center of the room, facing the customers. She growled and sneaked back to her office, calling for back up. She knew that it would be a few moments and she had to do something.

She walked back out and stood at the doorway, unnoticeable. She held up her gun and aimed.

The idiots were moving, so she had to be careful with timing. She had one chance to hit two guy out of the six or so. She watched as they moved and she waited and waited and waited. Bang! She took the shot, the sound reverberating in the building, but she had hit them. Went through one guy straight to the second across the circle. She smiled, then her face went blank again.

The men instantly reacted as their brethren fell, looking around for the origin of the bullet. But Lana had hidden and they found no one. The broke the circle, their guns up, walking carefully through the room.

Just then, the door burst open and her reinforcements entered, their guns raised. They outnumbered the men 4-to-1. The men looked around, trying to find a way out. Finding none, they surrendered, setting their guns on the floor and holding their hands up. Lana smirked and walked out. "Take them away and deal with them," she ordered her men, who did so, instantly removing the men from her establishment.

Lana looked around at all the customers. "I am very sorry about that. This kind of thing has never happened before," she announced to them. "I am sorry to say we will be closing for the rest of the night and we probably won't open until next week, so spread the word if you could," she said. She watched as people got up and left, knowing that they would probably complain. She sighed and made a few calls, needing to the place cleaned up.

She looked at the time. "Shit," she said before grabbing her stuff and leaving at the same time as her cleaners arrived. She told them what to do before getting into her car and speeding to the address.

She parked and got out of the car. She walked up the stairs and knocked on the door before glancing at the time.

11:15. She was late. She was never late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:11 pm

Shawn would be late, almost thirty minutes or so. He sighed as he put away his tips for the evening heading to the back to shower. Santana had a packed house and because there were so many business men around, Shawn had to be sure he pleased a majority of them so that they would come back and be willing to invest more money into the club, or rather Nicki's mafia. Before he stepped in the shower, he glanced at the clock which read 11 on the dock. He just hoped Lana would forgive him and Natalya too since she wasn't always the friendliest of people, especially to outsiders.

---

Natalya could not get Carter to sleep. She could tell he was tired but he refused to close his eyes until his mommy got home. So she just held him in her arms while they watched some late night wrestling, waiting for the doorbell to ring. It was ten after eleven and Lana had not arrived which meant Shawn was probably going to be late and anyone else knocking was probably worth shooting.

Right at 11:15 there was a soft knock on the door. Carter raised his little head, eyes hopeful that it would be mommy but Natalya knew better. She grabbed her cell sending a quick text to Chris. She leaned over the couch, getting a grip on the small silencer. She would put a bullet through anyone who tried to open the door.

---

Chris was waiting for Shawn to get out the shower when he received the text. He saw it was from Nattie and since she was home with Carter, he wasted no time leaving the club. He knew the others would make sure Shawn got home safe but that baby was the sole purpose for him leaving Shawn behind. He got in his SUV and quickly sped off. It would take him a good ten minutes or so to reach his apartment--damn NYC traffic--but he cut his lights as he pulled into an empty parking space. With his gun at the ready he quietly got out of the car and walked swiftly towards his apartment/condo. There was a woman standing outside of it, looking very irritable. He scowled cocking his gun loudly. "Excuse me, but who are you? You look lost."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Lana had knocked a couple more times, but no one had answered. She stood there and leaned against the railing waiting for someone to answer. She didn't bother to turn around when someone pulled in, knowing that at an apartment building, people were always coming and going, especially one of this size. She did notice, however, when a gun cocked loudly. She turned around and had her gun out in an instant, pointing it right back at Chris.

"Well, I know that you aren't the man I'm looking for, so I will retaliate with, who are you?" she said, a firm grip on the gun, in a defensive stance.

As she stood, she surveyed the area around them that was in her vision, making mental notes of where to jump in case she had to dodge a bullet or bumps in case she had to run or they started fighting.

Her eyes traveled from the area surrounding them to Chris. She had no idea who he was, but the way he stood, the way his clothes fit him, the intense face he had, everything he was attracted her him. And the fact that he had a gun held against her? It just added to it.

She raised a brow as she waited for Chris to answer her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Chris did not lower his gun. He didn't care how good this chick might be with a gun because if she shot, he would fire right back and they'd both be two wasted men only he would die for a good cause. In her case, it would be a mistake of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. "I asked you a question first junior," he scowled. "The person who I protect lives here and since I don't know you, I won't be letting you inside. Sorry but as a fellow New Yorker I'm sure you can understand. Shady city with shady people. One can never be too careful because even vixens have a reputation for being some of the best killers and deception artists around."

---

Natalya petted Carter who was getting restless. She could tell the baby wanted to sleep but he wanted to see his mother first. Nattie couldn't blame the kid but from the sounds outside Chris had an intruder.At that moment her phone rang and she raced to pick it up. "Nattie speaking."

"Nat it's me Shawn."

"Oh hey there," she smiled. "So where are ya? I think there's an intruder outside with Chris."

"I doubt that. It's probably Lana so do me a favor. Crack the door open, with your gun of course, and see what's going on. I should be home in about ten minutes. I'm really sorry I'm so late."

"It's cool babes." Carter could hear Shawn through the phone and he made grabby hands for it. "Oh no. Mommy's almost home. Alright Shawn. I'm gonna go and hurry your ass up!" Nattie closed the phone and sat Carter in the floor. She grabbed her gun then quietly cracked the front door. "Hey you babies! What the hell's goin' on out here?" she asked, gun pointed at Lana.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Lana's head snapped in the direction where the voice came. She groaned and lowered her gun, putting it back. "You guys just don't give up, do you? Shawn knows I'm coming. He called me over. You don't believe me, ask him yourself. I was late because I had an incident at my restaurant to take care of. Now lower your guns before someone accidentally gets hurt because I've had enough messes today," she huffed, crossing her arms, looking back and forth between Chris and Natalya, seeing if either believed her. She didn't expect them to and she didn't care. She would wait until Shawn got there.

"Come on now. Lower 'em. I put my weapon away. Now be kind and show some courtesy and do them same," she said, kind of dramatically, as if this was the most ridiculous situation she had ever been it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:27 am

Natalya lowered her gun, face twisting in a scowl. "Hey! No need to catch a bitchy attitude with me. I'm baby sitting so hell yeah I was gonna double check. There are no pictures of anyone named Lana in this apartment so far as I'm concerned, you're a stranger." Natalya gave her the once over. "And one whose ass I could kick without a gun." Nattie flexed her muscles before walking off, leaving the door ajar since Chris was outside.

Chris also lowered his weapon, but he didn't put it away just yet. He wasn't sure he liked this Lana person already. "If you're the one he called over all you had to do was say so when I asked the first time instead of waving your gun around. I don't care why you were late. Not my business, but at least I know what you look like in case I need to ID the body." Chris pushed his way past Lana and headed inside the house.

"HEY! HEY LANA?!" Shawn jogged the rest of the way towards the apartment. He stopped, frowning a little at Lana's annoyed face. "Are you alright?" he asked. He shivered a bit. He never exactly took the time to completely dress. All he had underneath his coat was some little bitty shorts, but he was in too big of a hurry to get dressed. He knew how Chris could be and he wanted to make it back before Chris but he never made it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:25 pm

"I'm fine," Lana smiled at him. "Seems some people around here like to judge a book by her cover," she said, referring to when Natalya said she could beat Lana without a gun. "They should know better in this life," she added, chuckling. "Anyway. The only reason I was late was because of a mishap at the restaurant. Nothing that I couldn't take care of, but something that took ten minutes of my life I didn't need wasted."

Lana shivered a bit, the cold beginning to affect her, having been out there for about a half an hour. "Could we go inside now? I'm starting to get cold, which is something that doesn't happen often, as you know."

As they walked inside, her eyes wandered around the apartment. It was a nice place, though it was small for her tastes. And she thought about what Chris had said, about just telling him who she was. In this business, she tended not to give her name out in case someone was going to turn out to be her enemy.

They walked into the living where Natalya and Chris were and she scowled. First impressions were a big thing for her and they made poor ones. Especially since she got attitude though she never gave it. She stood by the wall, leaning against it, her arms crossed as she took in her surroundings, as she always did in uncharted territory. "So what's going on, Shawnie? Why have I and my vast resources been summoned by the almighty Shawnicus?" she smiled, over-exaggerating as she always did with Shawn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:34 am

Shawn chuckled softly, pulling her into a hug. "I'm sorry Lana. They're just overprotective. They really don't mean any harm. Both of them... well I'll explain all soon enough."

He led Lana inside where Chris and Nattie were in the kitchen talking among themselves. He saw the look Lana gave them but whether Lana knew it or not, they were just as stubborn as she was..or used to be. He wasn't sure since he had not spoken to her in ages.

Chris and Nattie emerged from the kitchen shortly after Lana asked her question. Chris handed Shawn a cup of tea and offered one to Lana before propping himself against the opposite wall, every now and then glancing between Shawn and Lana. It was Chris' way whenever he met new people. He would casually study them, taking in every detail to memory. As an ex private detective, it was hard to kick such a habit though in this case, he had a very good reason.

"Mama! Mama up up!"

Nattie held the squirming baby in her arms. "Whoa. Hey tiger! Mommy's busy," Nattie laughed, wrestling with the fussy baby.

Shawn set his tea down on the coffee table. "It's okay. I'll take him now." Shawn reached out and Carter immediately latched onto Shawn, nuzzling his chest.

"Mama no go," he sniffled.

"It's okay baby," he said soothingly, rubbing the back of Carter's head. "I'm not going anywhere. Mommy's staying right here with you all night."

Chris watched for Lana's expression because he knew this was probably going to throw her for a loop. While he sipped on his own tea, he pulled out one of the threatening postcards he would be showing her shortly. This was a big mess to clean up and he hoped she was up to the job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Lana took the tea from Chris, but set it on the table next to her. She was more of a coffee person than a tea person, anyway.

As she stood, she watched Shawn and Nattie and Chris. And Carter. That one shocked her, but it made her smile. She always knew that Shawn would become a great parent when he got to the right age. What she didn't know is that Shawn would be a /mother/.

And the kid was freaking adorable. You could tell that he was Shawn's kid, in the eyes. Maybe not the color, exactly, but the way they sparkled. And she knew that when Carter grew up, he would be as much of a showstopper as his mother is. And as possibly as much of a heartbreaker as his mother was. Something Lana knew quite well, having fallen for him way back when. She always imagined that she would be having Shawn's kids, even after he left. And quite possibly, she still did. Her feelings for the older man had not disintegrated. They may have faded a bit, but seeing him again, hearing him again, it made the feelings rush back.

She knew, though, that they would never happen. She knew that once Shawn had left, or been taken, that any possibility for them having anything had become impossible. She felt a pang in her chest because of it, and her smile fell for the slightest moment, but she caught herself and fixed her face, smiling again, though her eyes had darkened a bit, holding the sadness she suddenly felt.

"It's easy to tell he's your son," Lana said after a moment of composing herself. "And he's adorable," she added, her eyes on Carter. And in that moment, she envied whoever it was that had that kid with Shawn.

It took all she had, but she tore her eyes from the kid and looked away, her eyes locking with Chris's. She tried to mask the anger and sadness in her eyes, but she knew by looking at Chris that he had seen it, even if it was only a glimpse. So she looked away from him, too, and out the window next to him.

The night that Shawn left--was captured, whatever--Lana had planned on telling Shawn what she felt for him. That was why she had been so urgent with him about meeting that night, though she knew that he worked late. She couldn't wait another day. It was hard enough for her to wait an hour. And because she waited so long to decide tell him, she never got the chance.

For something that was supposed to be a good reunion, her feelings had just messed it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Chris saw it. It was only for an instant but in that instant he saw everything. The jealously, the anger, the hurt and even a hint of longing. Apparently Lana was a special kind of friend, possibly an ex lover of Shawn's which made him wonder what happened. Shawn was not one to get involved in meaningless relationships so if Lana was an ex lover he probably loved her.

So Chris deduced that maybe Shawn's involvement in the mafia had something to do with it which sucked since even he couldn't deny Lana's looks. Much like Natalya, Lana was a very good looking woman only he deemed her classier looking than the foul mouthed brute Natalya. He knew Nattie might have been crushing on Shawn too but between the two of them he thought Lana was more his type. Shawn didn't exactly have a type. He was kind to everyone which was how he ended up in bed with Carter Lacroix to begin with, but that was in the past.

He left to go into the kitchen returning with a cup of coffee. He wasn't sure if Lana wanted tea or coffee, but after seeing all of her mixed feelings he figured she could use something to distract her for a moment.

Nattie kissed Shawn's cheek. "I need to get going heartbreaker. Same time tomorrow?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Same time and yes I still owe you dinner."

She grinned. "Just make sure you're at my fight and we'll call it evening. Goodnight folks." Nattie kissed Carter before escaping through the back door.

Shawn looked up at Lana smiling big. "Yeah I figured you would," he replied. "I'm also pretty sure Santana would catch on too if she ever saw him despite the fact that he has a lot of his father's features." Shawn sat down on the couch with Carter motioning for Lana to join him. "His father's dead by the way. Died the night after we... It's quite the story and partly how I ended up in this mess to begin with."

Chris took a seat in the chair adjacent to them, tea in hand. He would listen quietly as Lana asked questions before diving right into business. He knew they needed to catch up so there was no rush.

"I've missed you by the way," Shawn added, smiling as he played in Carter's hair. Before Carter there was Lana and God how fate had been cruel to him. He lost Lana and then he lost Carter. Having a lover was something he obviously would never have which often made him sad. Carter needed someone else, possibly a father figure since the roles were unexpectedly reversed for him, but even so he still cared for Lana very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Lana watched as Chris left the room for whatever reason. She couldn't deny that Chris had looks. Good ones. Ones that appealed to her. But the attraction she felt toward him was nothing compared to how she felt about Shawn. The love she felt for him.

She looked towards Shawn just in time to see Natalya kiss Shawn's cheek. She growled quietly, wanting to punch the blonde and pink haired girl in the face. Hard. She watched the girl leave after kissing Carter on the cheek as well before pushing herself away from the wall.

Lana sat down on the couch next to Shawn when he motioned for her to do so, smiling a bit at the closeness of their proximity. When he said that the kid's father was dead, her eyes widened a bit. Carter couldn't be more than a year old. Which means he died recently.

When Chris came back in, her eyes darted to him and she watched him as he sat down. She knew that he wasn't always involved with this life by the way he held himself. No one who's known nothing else but this life would act like that.

When Shawn said that he missed her, she looked away from Chris and back to Shawn, smiling as her swelled. "I missed you, too, Shawn. A lot," she said, knowing Shawn would take it as a close friends thing and not a romantic thing, though she meant it both ways. "I meant to call you, but every time I was going to, something came up, like fate didn't want me to speak to you again. At least, not until now," she added, taking his free hand in her own and smiling, completely forgetting that there was another person in the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris Jericho

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:55 pm

"Actually Lana," he said quietly, petting Carter to sleep, "I'm glad you didn't call. If you'd have called me, especially before I got into this mess with a baby and all, I probably would have cried like a baby. There are things I meant to tell you but every time I gathered the courage to say something, a tiny voice in the back of my head would remind me that you didn't need such a burden." That you didn't need me...

He cleared his throat looking away from her focusing all his attention back on the baby. Chris was his other best friend having also been pulled into the mafia against his will. They bonded quickly and did everything they could to help one another out. Chris was an ex cop, PI and was really good with techy gadgets. He, much like Lana, didn't deserve the burden of a mafia slut of a dancer.

Well, he didn't sleep around but being a slutty dancer made people on the streets assume you were a slut so he'd gotten used to the title. But he wished things could be different. He wanted a family and one that wasn't solely based on how many guns large your crew was or how much money your mob had. He wanted a significant other and just a few short years ago it could have been Lana.

But now here he was with what the old people would say was a bastard child but even if that were true, he would argue a person down about Carter. No one knew how or why he was conceived. No one knew his father. No one could possibly understand why...except for Chris and Lana.

Chris watched the two of them and through their actions he could tell they were both half a second from burying themselves into one another, if only in their heads. He quietly got up and grabbed the sleeping baby using him as an excuse to leave them alone.

Now with no baby in his arms he couldn't hide from Lana anymore. He cleared his throat forcing a smile. He squeezed her hand that she'd been holding for quite sometime. The baby kept him from noticing the gentle warmth he missed and that warmth was part of the reason he slept with Carter that night. He finally looked up meeting Lana's eyes. God she was still so beautiful. Time had been so good to her and if he didn't know better, she'd grown backwards except for her chest. She filled out nicely and he felt like a creep noticing such things.

"Lana..." He wanted to touch her, just her cheek, to make sure this wasn't just another dream he had. "I...need to tell you why-how I got Carter. The person that's after me knows and they're trying to blackmail me but I need you to understand what really happened. I'm no slut Lana. I've only ever slept with three men. Two of them raped me and one asked nicely." Without asking, he reached up toying with a strand of her hair. It was still so very soft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:41 pm

Lana frowned when Shawn said that he was glad she hadn't called and that he would have cried if she had. In all actuality, she probably would have cried as well. She had a hard time holding back tears when Shawn called the other night, never mind before, when she wasn't as over him as she was then. Though, she wasn't entirely sure that he was over him. Maybe she had just learned to cope better with the pain of his loss.

When he looked away from her, she looked around, her eyes again meeting Chris's. It seemed whenever her feelings for Shawn entered her thoughts, she looked to Chris, for whatever reason. She noticed this time, though, how easily you could get lost in Chris's eyes. But when he stood up, she snapped out of it and turned back to Shawn, a soft smile on her face as if she hadn't just gotten lost in Chris's eyes.

Lana knew that even if she were to tell Shawn her feelings right now, not caring about what he said to her beforehand, nothing would come of it. She knew that even though the man she was still in love with was back in her life, she wouldn't be able to be with him. She would have to find someone else, someone who could help her move on and get over Shawn, someone who could make her happy and comfortable.

That was something that was hard to find in the world that they lived in. A world of guns and betrayal and drama and pain. A world where no one was safe, no matter their rank. A world where loneliness was all that accompanied you and the only person you could wholly trust was yourself. You had to look out for yourself in this world, because even allies were quick to turn on you if you did the wrong thing.

Chris got up and took the baby out of the room, probably to bed, which now freed Shawn up more. It both excited and scared her.

He turned to her and smiled, squeezing her hand. She smiled and squeezed his hand back, the warmth and softness of his hand something that she missed dearly. It was something she hadn't realized she had missed until now. Until she felt it again. And now, she didn't want to stop feeling. It just felt so... right. He noticed his eyes wander her body and her heartbeat increased. The fact that he was noticing her excited her.

"Lana..." He said to her. "I...need to tell you why-how I got Carter. The person that's after me knows and they're trying to blackmail me but I need you to understand what really happened. I'm no slut Lana. I've only ever slept with three men. Two of them raped me and one asked nicely." He reached out and took a strand of her hair in his fingers and she smiled, the feeling one that was relaxing.

"You know that you can tell me anything, even now, after all these years. I'm still a great listener. And yes, I know that you aren't a slut. I've never thought that about you," she said, bringing her hand up to cup his cheek. They had been young when she began to feel the way she felt and because of that, she had always been too scared to act on what she felt. But now, now she just needed to know. Needed to know how he felt, if he wanted her as much as she wanted him.

She thought about what he had said. Sex with three men, and two of them raped him. She would gladly learn their names and teach them a lesson about what raping can do, but she knew that Shawn wouldn't give her the names because he knew that she would kick their ass. The only difference is now she had the resources to it. And she wouldn't just kick their ass, she would full out torture them within an inch of their life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shawn Michaels

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:38 am

He dropped his hand from her face covering the back of her hand. "The quick version...or well as quick as I can make it, is this. I was working an honest job as a bartender making plans to go back to school once I saved up enough money. You were with me when I first started that bartending job. Well...not with in that sense but...you know, we were still close friends."

He paused for a moment as he thought back to his other good friend who had helped him get the job to begin with. "The third night of work Jeff Jarrett--he's the guy that helped me get the job--Jeff and I were goofing off at the bar. We only had a few people in the club, which at the time I didn't know it was owned by Nicki. Anyway some stragglers came in all decked out in black suits and red ties. We figured they were important considering all of them had semi-automatics and swords. Jeff and I looked at one another and since I was still new at everything, he decided to greet their table. He was immediately shot in the head."

Shawn remained silent for a long time, his expression changing from guilt to sorrow. "I watched them kill a good friend and before I could even think about running, they pointed their guns at me and called me over to the table. Nicki said she liked my look, made me strip then offered me the job as her spy. I had no choice but to take it or end up dead with Jeff. I...sometimes I feel like I should have died with him. It would have been the brave, honorable thing to do because accepting their terms makes me a coward. But if not for Nicki, I wouldn't have my son ya know?"

Shawn shook his head. "I'm sorry Lama. It's just that I've never had to tell anyone the full story before. Now where was I? Oh...yeah. So I worked for Nicki doing spy work, killing in the "throws of passion" when needed. I hated it but after a while you shut your emotions off and just do it. For seven years I did my job without any problems. Then one night, two young cops came sniffing around and that's where the beginning of the end for me starts."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana Lang

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Lana already knew a good portion of this story, though there were a few points she had not known, like that Jeff had been shot. But she knew that he worked at the bar and that he had been forced into work by Nicki. Even though she knew most of this story, she still listened intently, keeping her eyes on his face and watching his body language as he told her his story. She would be there for him, no matter what his next words held because she loved him. She always would.

She nodded with a gentle smile, urging him to continue his story. She had more than enough patience when it came to Shawn, so she would just sit and listen until he was done talking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Or Nothing   

Back to top Go down

All Or Nothing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A Family Business :: Outside Of Work :: Homes-
Jump to: